Option A (Service Provider – Martins Funerals)
When a family member dies, simply contact the Call Centre. Your nearest funeral services branch will then contact you within the next few minutes. When the Funeral Service conducts a funeral for you, you are assured of quality service and products. In addition, a discount of up to10% is granted on the coffin & service fees; provided the complete funeral service is done through One Loyalty Funeral Services.
Members get the full range of quality products and services, including:
- Removal of deceased from home or hospital or other place of death
- International & cross-border repatriations
- Traditional & cultural funerals
- Long distance removal
- Tents, chairs, groceries
- Graveside set up
- Leaflets, wreaths and flowers
- Any additional goods and services they may choose (conditions apply)
A discount of up to 20% is applicable on the Memorial Stone and Unveiling Package.
Option B (Service Provider – Doves Group)
Members receive the following benefits:
- R500 discount when spending between R4 500 – R7 499 on coffin and services
- R1 000 discount when spending more than R7 500 on coffin and services
Terms and Conditions:
- This benefit applies to the services and products only and excludes all external costs for services or products either requested by the next of kin or demanded by regulatory requirement.
- This benefit will entitle members including their spouse/life partner and immediate next of kin to a benefit of R1 000 on the funeral/cremation costs exceeding R7 500.
- For funeral or cremation costs ranging between R4 500 and R7 499 a benefit of R500 will apply. No benefits will apply to costs amounting to less than R4 500.
- Members and/or their next of kin must provide proof of membership to be eligible for the benefit.
- This benefit can only be redeemed in South Africa.
- This benefit cannot be redeemed for cash.
- All valid funeral policies and/or contracts will be accepted and this benefit applies irrespective of a member owning a funeral policy and/or contract.
- The benefit is not limited to policies or contracts only, members using cash are also eligible to the benefit.
Option C (Service Provider – AVBOB)
Members receive the following benefits at a 10% discount:
- Grave costs/Cremation costs.
- Doctor’s fees for completion of cremation documents.
- Minister’s, churchwarden’s and organist’s fees.
- Transport costs outside a radius of 30 kilometres from an AVBOB office.
- Additional funeral leaflets in excess of 100.
- House tents, chairs and tables.
- Motorcars and busses for transporting family members and relatives.
- Fresh flower bouquets.
- Food parcels animals for slaughter.
- Conducting funeral after hours.
- Removal of the deceased to AVBOB premises.
- Refrigeration of and caring for the deceased.
- Registration of death.
- Writing or engraving of name plate.
- Provision of a coffin.
- Supply of up to 100 funeral pamphlets.
- Local telephone calls.
- Placement of funeral/cremation notice in a newspaper.
- Use of hearse.
- Use of grass carpet, lowering machine, grave tents and ten (10) chairs.
Funeral Support & Repatriation
Arranging the funeral of a loved one is stressful enough without having to face the added burden of documentation and paying the costs involved in transporting the deceased.
This benefit was specifically designed to assist our clients with funeral arrangements during a time of need. It includes assistance with the claim, transportation of the deceased, identification of credible undertakers and suppliers of flowers, catering, vehicles, tents, other equipment and tombstones.
Should anyone entitled to the benefit die, we will transport the deceased by road or air to the final funeral home closest to the place of burial in South Africa. This benefit covers transportation of the body to the place of burial from anywhere in South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland, Botswana, Namibia and Mozambique (South of the 22 ° latitude) provided the burial takes place within South Africa, at no additional cost.
We are very aware that the surviving family may have special needs or culture preferences regarding the transportation of the deceased. We will take special care to meet these needs and preferences and can also recommend a Funeral Parlour if required.
In addition to the transportation of the deceased to the final funeral home, the benefit includes the following features:
- One relative may accompany the body to the final funeral home at no additional cost
- Assistance and advice on claims procedures
- Legal assistance for interpretation of the Will and management of necessary documentation
- Advice on obtaining a death certificate and cross-border documentation
- Referral to a pathologist if an autopsy is required.