This service provides an after-hours homework helpline where qualified tutors assist learners with their homework and project queries. It provides access to the Internet and any information supplied through the internet can be forwarded to the learner by courier service or fax. They therefore receive telephonic assistance in order to research information for projects and such like needs.
The benefits to parents are that they are given the opportunity to provide their children with the very best homework help and study requirements. They have an opportunity to adapt gradually to the changing education curriculum and ensure that their children are receiving the very latest information and assistance.
The wellbeing and education of children will always be a priority, no matter what the member’s religion, race or culture. Tutor Line will provide parents with ‘’peace of mind’’ that either due to circumstances or unavailability, professional assistance and guidance will be accessible to their children at agreed 5 days a week.
Tutor Assist provides access to professional and qualified tutors. Their role is to encourage, explain and assist children during those difficult moments of evening homework where parents are not available / equipped to deal with the issues. Tutor Line provides children with telephonic access to the internet where qualified tutors can search for, compile and even send summaries of information required.
The key service elements include:
- Telephonic learner support, education and project compilation assistance in all the major subjects
- The tutor’s role is further to encourage and assist with projects or homework when the parent is not available or equipped to deal with the learner’s queries
- Internet access allows the competent tutors to search for information and compile summaries where required
- Modes of communication include: fax, email and mail
- The tutor service is provided by qualified and practicing education specialists
- Tutors are highly qualified, practicing teachers and are therefore at the forefront of teaching practices and curricula
- Tutors are supported by administrative, research and IT personnel who assist in IT database compilation and project research
Tutors in the following subjects are currently utilised:
- Mathematics and Science
- Business Economics
- Additional subjects to be added as and when demand requires
All services offered are available for primary and secondary students. Service languages: English, Afrikaans, Zulu, Xhosa, Sotho, Tswana, Pedi (direct service and/or translation capacities in any of the above). The tutor line is available from Sundays to Thursdays 18h00 to 21h00 (excluding national school and public holidays) .