DOCUMENT ASSIST EXPERT / DOCUMENT ASSIST EXPERT PLUS
Document Assist specialises in assisting you with a no-hassle way of replacing important documents, such as Passports, ID’s, credit and bank cards, and birth and death certificates. We assist in replacing documents as a result of theft or loss as painlessly as possible. Dealing with government departments and parastatals, such as The Department of Home Affairs, can be a complex and difficult process, therefore we use our extensive legal and administrative enterprise to simplify the entire process and really take the pain away. Our team of experts has an average of 15 years administrative and legal experience in handling Legal Documents and claims as efficiently as possible.
In the event of a theft or loss of personal documents, your membership of document assist expert entitles you to the following:
- Service will include electronic storage of important documents via data vault. Documents viewing will be secured by password protection. Not viewable via the web for security. NOTE: no copying of the back of credit cards is allowed. Documents to replace include ID’s, Passports, Birth and Death Certificates, Bank and Credit Cards etc.
- Documents to replace include ID’s, Passports, Birth and Death Certificates, Bank and Credit Cards etc.
- Service will includes follow-up, queuing at government offices, and delivery of replaced documents to you via courier.
- For Bank and Credit Cards, no Power of Attorney is accepted and the initial call must be done by the member. Cards will be delivered by the bank, but follow-up can still happen by Document Assist Expert.
- All Administration required for the presentation of back-up documents to Official Departments/ Banks is arranged by Document Assist
- 100% recovery of all lost or stolen documents.
How do I make a claim?
- Phone Document Assist on the dedicated number during office hours, 08:00 to 17:00 and give the particulars of your case.
- Upon verification of the caller’s membership, he/she is provided with a case number and referred to an assessing practitioner for assessments of his/her case.
- The caller is advised by Document Assist Expert on.
- Upon the validity of the members personal information verification, Document Assist Expert arranges all the necessary correspondence and processing:
- Document Assist Expert attends to all reasonable queries upon request for further particulars that might be required.
- Document Assist Expert assists the member with all the necessary administrative support and documentation preparation for their submission.
- Document Assist Expert will follow up with the Official Departments/ Police Stations in order to track the processing of these documents.
The member will need to provide the following information in order to provide them with back up documents:
- ID Document
- Driver’s Licence
- The Registration Details of the Vehicle
- Banking Details
- A Declaration and signed Affidavit by the member confirming that the information is true.
Who is entitled to make Document Assist Expert?
- A valid member of Document Assist Expert
What are the Limits of Service?
- Service is limited to the member’s details only.
- Document Assis Expert will help only in respect of valid documentation and proof of ID
No service will be provided if:
- The incident is not reported to us within 5 (five) working days of the incident;
- Any costs incurred from the policy holder being approached by an outside party, without written consent from Document Assist Expert, will not be covered.
- The member is at all times free to get outside second opinions but the costs of these will not be borne by Document Assist Expert, unless prior approval has been secured, in writing.
- At the time of the incident the policy holder must comply with all the legal and regulatory requirements of the Department of Home Affairs and for the Bank and Credit Cards, no Power of Attorney is accepted, initial call must be done by the policy holder, cards will be delivered by the Bank, but a follow-up can still happen by a Document Assist Expert and other such relevant legislation.
What are the Service Level Commitments?
Document Assis Expert is activated once the member has registered it with the service provider. Thereafter, there will be a 5 - 20 working day turnaround period from the time that all supporting documentation has been received to get a response from the Official Government Bodies.
DOCUMENT ASSIST EXPERT PLUS
Covers all of the above in addition to a R1000 peace-of-mind cash pay-out
LEGAL ASSIST, ADVICE AND ACCESS
The advice Service is a powerful, dynamic product through which we provide a comprehensive legal assistance service to the individual and his/her immediate family.
24-hour Legal Assistance
Qualified lawyers and legal consultants as well as academics provide the service. The service comprises:
• A 24-hours telephonic legal advice line;
• A legal document service; and
• A direct legal consultation service
• Letter of demand
• Find a lawyer
Members and their immediate family have on-going access to a 24-hour legal advisory service on any aspect of the law such as criminal law, family law, insurance law, child law, labour law, motor law, etc. The member and his immediate family is entitled to utilise the advice service as frequently as required provided that the assistance shall be furnished to the member directly and only on legal matters pertaining to the member and in his or her personal capacity.
Free standard legal documents
If a member requires a purchase/sale, lease agreement, power of attorney, will, domestic employment agreement, ante-nuptial agreement, etc. we will provide these free at his or her request. The member will also be advised on the application of each of these documents and the procedures and principles that apply.
30-minute free consultation
This service involves a free initial 30-minute consultation should any matter require legal action. The member will then be referred to a lawyer who forms part of our national network for a direct free 30-minute consultation. After the 30-minute consultation the member can then decide whether or not to continue with that specific lawyer’s services at a fee structure agreed to between himself and the lawyer. Such fees will be for the member’s account. The free 30-minute consultation service is available at a lawyer that is situated within the magisterial district where the member resides. This consultation facility is limited to one consultation per matter.
Letter of demand
The legal call centre will write a letter of demand on behalf the Club member. This is limited to 1 letter per event.
Find a Lawyer
If a matter is of such a nature that the member has to consider litigation, our Legal team of experts will assess all the facts and circumstances and research the matter thoroughly in order to ascertain which way a case should be approached and we will then suggest 2 top attorneys firms which will be the best for the job. This benefit includes expert investigation and research into the matter in order to empower a member to make the correct decision when choosing an attorney. Overflow Legal therefore assists the member towards finding the right lawyer for his/her problem.
Our hassle-free Service Procedure:
- The member calls the Legal Assist call centre number and provides the legal team with full information of the circumstances and services required.
- The call centre advisor will assess the situation and inform the member of the procedure pertaining to the service and
- Advise the member or
- Forward a standard legal document to the member if such was needed or
- Refer the member to a lawyer for a 30-minute free legal consultation if necessary or
- Inform the member that the nature of the matter necessitates more research after which a lawyer would return the member’s call with the requested advice.
- Where necessary a letter of demand will be sent on behalf of the member.
- When necessary and if litigation is the only option left top the member, the legal team will further investigate the matter and suggest 2 top attorneys firms to the member which they think would be the best attorneys to handle the member’s problem.
Our lawyers are available 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year
Assistance is available and accessible 24 hours per day, 365 days a year through a dedicated 086-number.
Who is entitled to the service?
The service is provided to the member and his/her immediate family. Immediate families means the principal member’s spouse/partner and their biological and legally adopted dependent and unmarried children up to the age of 21.
- The service is limited to personal matters only. Business legal matters are excluded.
- Terms and conditions are all stipulated above.