Available 24 hours a day 365 days a year.
Our Home Assistance programme provides assistance to you when you are involved in a Home Emergency. A Home Emergency means any sudden, unexpected and/or unforeseen event at your home requiring the immediate and/urgent services of a domestic tradesman to limit/ minimise/prevent further damage to the home. This benefit is restricted to home emergencies and only applies to your eligible premises/primary place of permanent residence, within the Republic of South Africa and used for domestic purposes, including outbuildings.
Emergency Services Notification and Call-out
At your request our Assist Call Centre will relay a notification of emergencies to the Police, Traffic, and Fire Brigade, Ambulance, Security or any other emergency service provider.
Mobile Notification Services
As a member you will receive an SMS notifying you of the update on your active case. The below details will be sent to your mobile phone after lodging a case:
- Name of Primary Case Manager
- Reference Number (ease of calling in and enable anyone of the Assist Agents to intervene or provide further details to the caller member)
- Once a Service Provider has been appointed, the responding Service Provider details will be sent along with the ETA
- Any changes made to the case (new Service Provider, additional requests – breakdown, needs a tow etc.)
- If there is a shift change, the details of your New Case Manager will also be sent.
*Please note that each benefit will be managed on an individual basis and is highly dependent on traffic, weather and correct information received i.e. address or area of incident.
The Home Assistance programme shall entail the following emergency services to customers:
- Tree Felling
- Bee Keepers and Pest Controllers
- Appliances (member will be assisted but on a member-to-pay basis only)
Terms and Conditions
- Overall limit of three incidentsR2000 per member per annum applies.
- Please note that the call out fee and first hour of labour will be covered under your Home Assistance, however the cost of parts and additional labour will for your own account.
- Where the incident is not considered an emergency that requires immediate attention, we will provide a referral for any specific Service Provider and all costs will be for the member’s account.
- The benefit period is one calendar year and the benefit does not accumulate, but is a maximum amount per annum.
- A repair incident is considered per service category, e.g. if an electrician is called out to repair on the distribution board as well as an electrical connection, this is treated as one call out.
- Benefit excludes MAINTANENCE (Of any kind).
- Replacing light bulbs
- Adjustment of thermostats
- Any remote controls or access controls
- Normal wear and tear and Safes
- Assistance shall be provided to customers in circumstances where they have requested access to the service where the emergency is any of the following:
- Visible burst water connections and pipes
- Blocked drains, toilets, baths and sinks, causing further damage to the home
- Emergency Geyser overflow, valves (Latco and pressure release) causing loss of hot water and pressure-release problems
Jacuzzi, swimming pools and boreholes and borehole pumps Leak detection inspections, Repairs not complying with regulated specifications such as SABS and others, Leaking taps, Replacement of a burst geyser, septic tanks and water supply interruptions to permanent residence.
- Glazier assistance is a 24-hour help line, offering assistance were a service provider is dispatched to ensure that damaged windscreens, side glass building glass can be professionally replaced
- Broken badly cracked window panes which could result in access to the residence
- No materials are covered as this is for the client’s account (the actual glass etc. is for the client).
Assistance shall be provided to customers in circumstances where they have requested access to the service where the emergency is any of the following:
- Distribution boards, circuits, main cables causing power failure
- Earth-leakage relays causing power failure
- Geyser connections, and elements, causing 100% power failure
- Plug points causing 100% power failure
- Light fittingsswitches causing 100% power failure
- Lightning strikes on wiring
- Multiple burnt connections on wiringplug points causing 100% power failure
- Connections to all electrical motors (e.g. electric gate motor) causing 100% power failure
Electric gates and doors Jacuzzi, swimming pool and borehole pumps Air conditioners and commercial refrigeration Repairs not complying with regulated specifications such as SABS and others All electrical motors (e.g. electric gate motor) Main electrical supply interruptions to permanent residence.
- If keys are broken off lost for a main entrance/exit of the house (including outbuildings)
- If a person is locked inside the house or any room within the house
- Burglary incidents (the member will be assisted, but is liable for the cost) and garages Padlocks Replacing of damaged locks (the member will be assisted at his / her own expense) Business premises (Business premises - Only applicable for Office Assistance)
Additional benefits also included:
- Tree Fellers/ Bee Keepers and Pest Controllers - paid for up to the per incident limits only and only within day light hours
- Should a break in occur, Security assistance and guarding services will be provided at the members request. This will be for the members own account.
ApplianceServ gives you peace of mind, covering your appliances and electronics for mechanical or electrical failure.
- ApplianceServ covers maximum of up to R1500 per incident, per annum. A deductible of R170 per appliance repair applies with a maximum or (2) two incidents per year and a limit of R3000 per annum.
- A (3) three month waiting period applies before you qualify for service and (3) three payments must be received by us.
- ApplianceServ covers your mechanical failure of your units
- The benefit period is one calendar year, from 1 January to 31 December, and the benefit does not accumulate.
We cover the following appliances:
- Fridges & Freezers
- Washing machines
- Tumble driers
- Stoves and ovens only if complete function is lost – if one or more plates are working, it is not deemed an emergency repair.
We cover the following electronics:
- TV’s, DVD’s, Hi-Fi’s and VCR’s
What is not covered:
- We do not pay for any failures in the first ninety (90) days.
- We do not pay for repairs without authorization.
- We do not pay for losses or inconvenience due to delays or missed appointments.
- We do not pay for consequential losses.
- Any item that is older than 5 years old or falls under a warranty or extended warranty.
- Damages to cosmetic parts. This means parts that do not affect the operation of the appliance.
- Repairs to items damaged due to theft, rust, fire and ordinary wear and tear.
- Service only covers your product within South Africa.
- Any defect, fault or damage caused by removal or by misuse, negligence or otherwise than in the course of the proper normal use and operation of the Unit as recommended by the manufacturer’s manual and/or insect infestation, rodent damage.
- Acts of God including lightening or electrical surge.
- Consumable or replaceable items which shall include but not be limited to batteries and cosmetic items such as covers and frames or devices connected to the product such as external mouse, keyboard, speakers, printers, scanners, etc.
- We exclude any defect, fault or damage to the Unit which existed or occurred prior to the date of commencement of the contract which were known or should reasonably have been known to the customer.
- We exclude after hour collections.
- A repair covered by a manufacturer's original warranty or recall program or within 90 days after the manufacturer has effected a repair;
- Appliance Cover shall endeavour to use all reasonable means to repair customer’s units however we reserves the right to return the unit to the customer un-repaired in the event that spare parts are not available or easily attainable and/or the condition of the product is such that it is uneconomical to repair due to age, outdated technology or damage.
- We exclude software issues, application programming, isolation of coding errors, performance consulting, the provision of peripheral drivers, or data recovery.
- We do not provide support for Products to which modifications have been made.
- Repairs necessary due to fair normal usage.
- Damage caused whilst been moved.
- Incidents not attended to, will not be considered after any repair.
- Repairs outside the domestic dwelling/ Office premises are not included, i.e. office premises, public buildings, outbuildings not attached to the main building, etc. If the appliance is still under warranty, it will be referred to the manufacturer for repairs.
Terms & Conditions:
- You agree that all the information you give us is true and correct. This is the underlying principle of the agreement.
- Please ensure that you understand and are familiar with the content of the service.